Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Essie Navigate Her and An Alternative

I mentioned last week that the polish in Essie's spring collection this year which caught my eye was the green, Navigate Her. Well, it didn't take many exposures to that display for me to pick up that green and bring her home with me. It applied so nicely in two coats and even though the color does bring out the rosy glow in my skintone (a.k.a. "lobster hands") it makes me happy. This kind of green, light and yellow toned, is so spring-like and makes me think of the trees when they first leaf out and the shoots of perennial flowers poking up through the soil (if not for perennials, I'd have no flowers in my yard at all).





Since I like this shade of green so much, I also picked up Olympia from the Sinful Colors Cast Away display. Someone less driven to find out for herself just how similar the two colors were might have been happy to just hold the bottles side by side in the store and choose one to bring home, but I had to have them both, especially since the Sinful is only $1.99.



In the photo below, I've got Essie on two nails and Sinful on two (and still have not figured out how to hold two bottles at once and look good doing it).



Both of these were two coats, though the Sinful was a bit harder to apply since it was more goopy. On my nails above, top to bottom, it's Essie, Sinful, Essie, Sinful. Below, Sinful on top, Essie on the bottom.



The Sinful is just a touch more vibrant, but you have to look really closely to see that difference. Since I like the Essie bottle and formula more, I'm planning to keep that one, but if I hadn't already bought the Essie, I think I'd be happy with the Sinful (once I added some thinner).

On another note, when I first saw the Sinful Cast Away display, some of the colors reminded me of their pirate-themed collection from last year. For the light green at least, I was way off. Here's Olympia on the right and Seaweed on the left; Seaweed is much cooler toned and more dusty.



What do you think about spring greens on your nails? Have you already picked up one (or both) of these?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar