Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Chris Wallace's "Push Rewind"



     It took me a while to realize the gorgeous, physically perfect Chris Wallace, who became one of my main obsessions this year, was previously the lead singer of The White Tie Affair, a pop/punk band I use to love. The singer parted ways with the band and is venturing on a solo career I think is well worth the journey. Wallace recently released his debut effort titled Push Rewind on Sept. 4 and it is what I look for in male pop artists. Preceded by lead single, “Remember When (Push Rewind)”, the album is a smooth, artistic venture that has a couple of flaws just like every other debut record.
                 
     The lead and current single, “Remember When (Push Rewind)”, kicked Wallace’s solo career in high gear and increased my expectations. With one listen I was immediately hooked by the singer’s vocal performance and ability to craft one seriously catchy chorus. The song describes a young love one wishes to get back. Rewinding time is the main message for the track and album. Wish we could all go back in time sometimes.
                 
     Besides the single, two other tracks were previewed before the album’s release, “Keep Me Crazy” being one of them. From the minute snippet I though the song was going to be a disaster, but thankfully that was not completely true. The track is not perfect, but it is cute, has a summer vibe, and works for the artist and his fan base. Good, but not great.
                 
     “Don’t Mind If I Do” has to be my least favorite moment on the entire track list. The song is a little too mellow for my liking, but I will commend the fact that Wallace sounds a little like Rob Thomas here. Lyrics such as “diamonds in your eyes” and “sundress in July” seem to be written into every soppy love song and I just could not take anymore. Great voice, mediocre material.
                
     A girl seems to ruin everything. Well at least in Chris’ eyes. “Hurricane” begins a winning streak for the album as he tells the story of a significant other who tried to break him down. “I’m taking back all my love you stole”, Wallace sings while a guitar-driven beat creates an experience in vein of Kelly Clarkson’s “Since U Been Gone”. A really great, revengeful, pop track.
                 
     Wallace has another hit on his hands with “Best Mistake”. The artist is taking advantage of a woman’s bad judge of character. It seems that the person you may think is completely wrong for you turns out to be your perfect match. Chris sounds in love and I am sure anyone would return those feelings after a listen to this light and fluffy, heartfelt confession.
                 
     A ballad comes in the form of “I’ll Be There”, a great chance for Wallace to show he has the real talent necessary to justify a solo career.  The lyrics sound real and sentimental; some emotion actually went into them. The greatest aspect of the song is that we get to hear the vocal range I knew the singer was capable of. My repeat button is getting tired of me pressing it every time this song comes up. 


                 
     The award for my favorite track on the album goes to “Time Bomb (Walk Away)” and I think it should be quickly serviced to pop radio as the album’s second official single. Wallace describes love as a bomb ready to explode as he tries “hiding the tears running down my face.” No joke, the track is everything I think a male pop artist should be creating. Catchy and emotion-filled sung with a knockout voice.
                
     Already compared vocally to Rob Thomas, Wallace gives his best Kris Allen impression on “Invincible”, and probably gives Allen a run for his money. The empowering, inspirational track lets listeners know that you should not let anyone tell you how to live your own life. The song will surely resonate with many as soon as the lyrics and production begin to sink in.
                 
     “Ready to Fall” is just another moment that solidifies Wallace’s place in the music industry. The piano-driven intro was evidence of greatness and the rest of the three minute track did not disappoint. “I’m ready to fall, I’m ready to lose it all,” he sings as he is ready to commit to the person he holds close to his heart. A boy is becoming a man as he looks towards his future.
                 
     The album closes with “Do It All Again”, a mid-tempo pop ballad about reminiscing on the past. A minute in, boredom started to settle in, until the pace of the song changes and Wallace’s voice woke me back up. I can picture hearing the song towards the middle of some romantic comedy. The chorus is certainly a strong point. The verses could have been a little better. An okay effort.
                
     Push Rewind is an album I have been looking forward to ever since Wallace announced a solo career. The lead single placed the effort high on a pedestal and even with a few amateurish moments, the album as a whole does not disappoint. The short, ten track album focuses on Wallace’s near perfect vocals as producers help knock out some Top 40 ready hits. The album shows the artist can do it all. Radio friendly singles, emotional ballads, and everything in between is included for listening pleasure. Debuts are an important step. This one receives a well-deserving 84%.
                 
Tracks to Hear: “Remember When (Push Rewind)”, “Time Bomb (Walk Away)” and “Ready to Fall"

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar